Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on April 16, 2013 - 11:54pm
Many thanks to blog contributor Daniel M., a Special Tree client who shared a mock interview he did with a staff member at Troy Neuro Skills Center. According to Daniel's Recreational Therapist Grace DeMuch, the interviews are designed for the purpose of listening for "free information" within a person's response to come up with additional questions to keep a back and forth dialogue going with the interviewee. Nice work, Daniel!
1. Describe yourself using 5 words.
“Honest, caring, hardworking, independent, assertive.”
2. What are 3 things you’ve never done before, but would like to try?
“Take a cruise to someplace warm, parasail, and hand glide.”
3. What do you like best about working at Special Tree?
“I feel like I’m appreciated and that I made a difference.”
4. What do you like best about your job”
“The people…clients and staff. I feel like we’re a family.”
5. If you could trade places with any staff member, who would it be and why?
“I’d be a Recreational Therapist because I love their creativity and their ability to make therapy enjoyable.”